Thursday, May 22, 2008

Where's Narwhal?

So you might be wondering what's the deal with Candy or Medicine Volume Three. The short answer is it will be out in June. Basically, I kind of forgot about Free Comic Book Day when I was preparing my print schedule. I intended to have a new issue out in January, April, July and October. Volume One came out in October, Volume Two in January and the FCBD Special in April. So technically, there was an issue in April. However, I didn't have enough money to print two issues in the same month and, because of financial hardship, I don't have enough money to print Volume Three in May. So, it will have to wait until June.

I've also changed the print schedule to accommodate Free Comic Book Day. The regular publication months include February, May, August and November. However, because I've altered the schedule this year, Volume Three will be out in June, Volume Four in September (in time for Ithacon) and things will be back on track for Volume Five, which will be out in November (in time for the Syracuse Heroes Expo).

So there will actually be five issues published this year. I've considered including the Free Comic Book Day Special as one of the four quarterly issues, but I'd like to keep that separate. I still haven't decided yet, and I think it will be determined by my economic situation come April.

Anyway, thanks to everyone for being patient, especially the contributors to Volume Three and the stores/distros to which I've promised copies of Volume Three. It will be here soon.

No comments: