Monday, February 9, 2009

Ithaca Winter Comic Book Show

My son and I attended the Ithaca Winter Comic Book Show on Saturday, and it was nice to see some acquaintances and meet some new people. Jim Coon had a slew of new comics out, my favorite of which was Jesus of Nazareth, PA. I met Andy Wales, who publishes a great comic titled Eclectic Comics. Ken Wheaton is an enthusiastic Candy or Medicine fan (and hopefully future contributor). I also added to my treasury comic collection, getting me almost to the halfway mark with my purchases of two Rudolph comics, the Bible, the Wizard of Oz and Land of Oz.

I also randomly happened upon Comics for Collectors, the owner of which said he will hand out copies of the Candy or Medicine Free Comic Book Day special, as he did last year. Ithaca is a cool town and always a good time. We also ate a giant pizza sandwich and visited the Sciencenter.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

It was a good day! Hope you have a table next year. It was good meeting you. I hope to be a contributor to Candy or Medicine some day.

The treasury comics is a good idea for a collection and your son is adorable!