Monday, August 3, 2009

Anti-Mini-Comics

Normally I try to keep things mini-comic related on here, but I thought I'd give a shout out to Rob Kelly and his awesome site treasurycomics.com. I discovered treasury comics about a year and a half ago when I picked some up at the local flea market. I didn't really know what they were at the time, and grabbed one for $3, leaving about six or so on the table. I've been kicking myself ever since for not purchasing the rest, especially because I haven't been able to find an affordable copy of Superman vs Shazam (one of the ones I left on the table). As a side note, I picked up a Superman vs Muhammad Ali for less than $10, which is quite a steal, so I felt a little bit better then.

Anyway, Rob runs a great, comprehensive site about treasury comics, which are one of the types of comics that I actually collect and hope to one day have a complete collection of (I'm about half way there in regard to the Marvel and DC books). I utilize it every time I am searching for, bidding on or have recently purchased a treasury comic. So I'm glad to have helped out a bit by scanning a couple of Marvel Bullpen Bulletins featuring news items about treasury comics.

No comments: