Thursday, December 30, 2010

Top Ten Mini Comics of 2010

I've seen a lot of Best Comics of 2010 lists recently, but not many best mini-comics lists. So I thought I'd remedy that. Here are ten of the best mini-comics I've read this year. I've read some other really good ones, but these are the ten that really stood out to me. In no particular order:

Unemployment 2 by Antonio Rilievo



Thelonius Mancat by Peter Lazarski


Sharker the Forgotten by Sam Spina


Tranz by William Cardini (I think this might have come out in 2009. Either way, it's good.)


Salad Days by Minty Lewis


Spaz! #3 by Emi Gennis



The Wizard by Bobby Mono


Noah Novella  by Noah Van Sciver


Vicious Robot Tuesday by Jeff Elden

[No image of this. Sorry]

Newave! The Underground Mini Comix of the 1980s (Ok, ok, I realize this isn't actually a mini-comic, rather than a gigantic collection of mini-comics, but it's definitely a book worth owning.) 
 

Non mini-comic worth mentioning: Orc Stain by James Stokoe. The only mainstream comic worth buying this year.

1 comment:

Colin Tedford said...

I actually dug NEWWAVE way less than I thought I would. I would have liked to see a broader range of material, and fewer "minicomics" that amounted to "collections of single drawings" (though obviously in historical terms they were part of the scene).

Orc Stain on the other hand - so good! I was uncertain going in because I found Stokoe's Wonton Soup disappointing, and between that and the nature of the story (and the awful title) Orc Stain could easily have been not at all to my liking. I loved it, though! He seems to have put a lot of care into it. It's gotten me back on a fantasy kick now.