Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Free Comic Book Day 2010

It's not often I accomplish a task way before deadline, but this past Sunday, I picked up 500 copies of the Candy or Medicine Free Comic Book Day Special in anticipation of the May 1 event. I've celebrated Free Comic Book Day the past two years with free all-new, exclusive-content Candy or Medicine issues/PDFs, and this year is no exception. The only thing I'm doing different this year is 1) printing about 200 fewer copies and 2) distributing them to fewer stores. The reason being, of course, finances. I'd love to print a million of these and have them in every comic book/record/zine store in the world, but I can't. So I've decided to ship them to a few select stores that either a) already stock Candy or Medicine, b) are mini-comic friendly or c) are local to me.

Of course, if people want a copy, and they don't live near one of the listed stores, all they have to do is send me an e-mail and I'll drop one in the mail or they can download the PDF when it's available on May 1. Currently, the FCBD Special will be available at the following stores (about 10 more to come): Chicago Comics, Zanadu Comics (Seattle), Jim Hanley's Universe (New York City), Meltdown Comics (Los Angeles) and Clifton Comics (Cincinnati).

Here are the details of the comic: "Candy or Medicine presents its third annual Free Comic Book Day Special. All new, all ages, exclusive content for zero dollars. Featuring a cover by Indonesian artist Fami Faminas, a tired ghost by Josh Blair, punk rock/shark/tornado madness by Patt Kelley, a silent comic by Slovenian artist Domen Finzgar and two pages by the all-knowing Tyler Stafford."

I'm not one to brag, but every page of this comic is spot on. I'm really happy with the was this issue turned out, and I know everyone will enjoy it. It features the same quality of every Candy or Medicine issue (printed on nice paper). The only difference is that it's eight pages and, more importantly, it's free. 

Plus it features the coolest contributors page you've probably ever seen, courtesy of Tyler Stafford.

No comments: