etsy is a good place to start -- although stores and shows are always good if you have any near you). It could cost as little as $18 the entire year assuming you stick to $1 comics with 50 cents for shipping. A dollar fifty is at least 1/2 the price of a mainstream comic.
Here's why this is a noble effort:
- You could discover some new artists and writers
- It's (potentially) inexpensive
- It encourages others to make art
- It enables others to make more art (more purchases lead to more money creators have for future publications)
- It will make someone's day (trust me -- I love seeing that I have a new order)
To go along with this, I will post what I purchased each month, along with a review. And anyone who cares to take this challenge can submit their purchases and reviews (if desired) and I will publish them.
So try something new today.
P.S. Do you like the crappy logo I created?