Wow, five posts in five days. Hopefully there will be more weeks like this where I'll have enough content to post every day. I try to keep it at once a week, but sometimes there's just not a lot going on, you know?
Anyway, Zine World #29 is out now. This is the first issue in which I wrote reviews. It's a pretty good time. I get to read some zines I otherwise never would have seen and hopefully I can give an accurate assessment for people who might be interested in purchasing those zines.
I received my review pack for the next issue last week, and I'll be spending the next week reading and reviewing those. There's also a review of a couple of my comics in the new issue, so that's another reason to pick it up.
Here's the official information:
Zine World #29 is now available! This issue is 36 pages, full-size, and features:
* about 200 reviews of zines, comics, chapbooks, books, DVDs, and other self-published materials.
* commentary by Craven Rock about the word “zinester” (with comments shared from WeMakeZines) and by Jerianne about zines & identity.
* a column with tips on attending a zine fest by Nicole Introvert.
* a comic called “How to Make a Zine” by David Crockett.
* resource listings on zine libraries, review zines, mailing, and more.
* cover art by Androo Robinson.
Zine World costs $4 US, $5 to Canada, or $7 overseas. Subscriptions are also available. Order by sending cash, stamps, or money order (payable to Jerianne) to PO Box 330156, Murfreesboro TN 37133. Or visit Ordering Zine World to order via PayPal.